Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Back on the Links



About four weeks ago (ya I haven't been keeping up very well) my friends Shawn and Johnathan from the Andrews hockey team and I went golfing. I hadn't golfed in 5 years but was itching to get on a course after my parents had sent me my golf clubs in the mail back on my birthday. The course played pretty difficult since it hadn't rained in over a month and the "rough" was simply trampled dead grass that resembled concrete more than any kind of organic substance. My goal for the day was to break 90. My final score was.....90. Not bad under the circumstances and I had a lot of fun spending the afternoon with the guys. I haven't been out on the links since then but I collect any empty pop and beer cans I can find to fund my next outting. Not that it's that expensive to golf in Michigan....unless you've been unemployed for 8 months like myself.

No comments: